Platelet Rich Plasma
Accelerate your body’s natural healing and regeneration processes using plasma from your blood.
When tissue is injured, the body responds by sending specific super healer cells to the site of the injury to start the repairing process and the regeneration of new tissue. These super healer cells are platelets.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a treatment that injects plasma from your blood into the desired area to boost the body’s natural healing and regenerative processes.
Increase musculoskeletal healing
With a limit to non-surgical options for treatment of musculoskeletal (MSK) injuries and chronic degenerative conditions, PRP helps to treat acute injuries and chronic MSK ailments to boost your healing process.
Skin & hair rejuvenation
Cosmetic PRP harnesses the healing power of platelets to stimulate your stem cell response.
This helps to:
- create new collagen and blood vessels
- repair and regenerate damaged skin
- reverse the signs of ageing and stimulate hair regrowth.
Experience & proven results
We’ve got extensive experience (over 7 years) working with PRP and proven results—85% of our MSK patients see a positive response from PRP injections within six weeks.
We use the leading Alocuro PRP devices and protocols to optimise client results.
The benefits of Alocuro PRP include:
- 6 x baseline: Alocuro’s PRP platelet concentration is 6 x physiological baseline. Concentration levels vary across different PRP collection systems, with Alocuro we believe we are using the best available technology.
- In-situ activation: platelets are injected into the skin and exposed to collagen and endothelium in situ. This slows the release of growth factors to stimulate a continuous healing response.
The PRP treatment
PRP is a non-surgical, scientifically proven, medical treatment that injects the plasma from your blood into the treatment area to assist in your body’s natural healing and regenerative process.
- collecting a blood sample (a similar process to a blood test)
- centrifuging the blood to concentrate the platelets and separate the plasma
- extracting the Platelet Rich Plasma from the blood
- injecting the plasma back into the skin.
The treatment is performed in a doctor’s office and the procedure is usually completed within one hour.
Frequently asked questions
The PRP treatment is performed in a doctor’s office and the procedure is usually completed within one hour.